13 week termination scheduled

Help with physical and emotional healing for moms who have suffered loss.

Moderators: justme, ***, deb

13 week termination scheduled

Postby ebeth » Nov 09, 2014 3:14 pm

I'm looking for support/advice. I'm scheduled for termination after much thought, hospitalizations, me and medication. I also lost my job due to hg with no disability coverage and lost my insurance. I have 5 yr old twins from previous marriage. This is my second hg experience and it's worse this time. This was a pregnancy I was going to carry but I do not have the support of the father regarding hg. I have explained it to him and he's seen me suffer. He continues to tell me that I have to go to work because he can't do it all. I'm not able to care for myself let alone my twins. I want to know how others who terminated due to hg recover emotionally. I never thought I would but I can't even leave the bed unless I'm puking.
ebeth

Re: 13 week termination scheduled

Postby Saph18 » Nov 11, 2014 3:13 pm

Hi ebeth,

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I am thinking of you.
I've never had a termination, but, I just wanted to give you a virtual hug no matter what decision you make, you will make the best decision in the situation you are in.

++++++
DS 2012-10: HG from 7-Birth (Diclectin/Metoclopramide - Depression) Survivor
DD 2014-05: HG from 4-Birth (Diclectin/Zofran) Survivor
Saph18
Been There Done That

Postby Nina19 » Nov 21, 2014 10:10 am

Hi Ebeth

It's a heartbreaking point to reach, but HG is overwhelming in its cruelty... and so difficult to explain to someone who has never been there...

I terminated 17 weeks ago at 10 weeks, in a suicidal, sleep deprived, starved, agonised haze. I would have been 27 weeks pregnant yesterday and I can tell you that it's been very hard, because my pregnancy was very much wanted. I am devastated by what I've lost, but I'm taking it one day at a time. I find it really hard to cope with the emptiness of the life that is not growing inside me, as I am still living the pregnancy week by week, imagining how my baby would have developed, what I would have been feeling, how my body would have changed... Perhaps that will get better after Feb next year, after my due date. Who knows?

All I can say is you do the best you can, make the best decision for your situation and be kind to yourself.

Sending you love and light
Nina19

Postby DivineLotus » Nov 29, 2014 10:20 pm

What you need is medications, maybe they have pregnancy medi-cal in your state. Also IV fluids help along with medication. Men will really never get the reality of HG. One thing I learned its not to be passive. I demand what I wanrt from my partner, I know it sound ruff but they are not the ones pregnant and suffering, you are. When shit hits the fan men like to run. Since you are 13 weeks you can try steroids hey even marijuana that is safe for the baby.

What ever decision you take we are here to help and never judge.

I have not had one but I do understand. Please let us know what happend.
Second HG baby. 8/6/15
Treated with zofran, diclegis, compro, colace, jigsaw magnesium. HG 7 weeks - 17 weeks. Continued meds.

First HG baby. 4/11/11
HG 4-20weeks, little treatment, severe. Zofran, reglan, B6, placenta pervia, lost 12lbs, depression, ptsd.
DivineLotus
Opinionated HGer

Return to Loss, Grief & Recovery