Doctor in Vancouver BC

A place to discuss specific challenges and options in Canada.

Moderator: Moderators

Van. Doc

Postby AshliMal » Aug 30, 2009 12:50 am

I'll try giving the doc a call at this point i would be happy with anyone who knows anything about HG I think I will try motherrisk that's a good idea too!
At this point DH and I are so frustrated that I'm not sure exactly what to do? It's very hard to make plans,
If i couldn't get through two previous pregnancies I'm not sure what makes me think I could get through one, but I know I can't without some great help from a great doc.
What are your thoughts on finding a doula or MW to help? I'm not sure if they would be at all helpful but maybe they had contacts to a good dr.
I'm not sure
just a thought
I would love to hear any feedback
thanks
~ Ashli
2 HG pregnancys
10 wks 0 d
7 wks 3 d
AshliMal

Postby bibliojo » Sep 03, 2009 12:03 am

A few of my friends have had midwives in the Tri-city area...I know they had fabulous experiences with them but none of them had HG. I looked into midwives when planning for my second and the one downside for me was that they couldn't prescribe drugs I think other than Diclectin. At that point you'd have to be referred to an OB. So...I think you would get more time and maybe better advocacy with a midwife but you may not get the full medical treatment you need. However, I will ask my friends for names of their midwives and get back to you...
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Thanks

Postby AshliMal » Sep 08, 2009 12:40 am

Thanks so much Joanne.
Iwonder if a midwife could help? can't hurt to talk to a few and see if they could help at all!
I am still looking for an OB with no luck at all :cry:
thanks so much for all of your help
I appriciate it so much!
~ Ashli
2 HG pregnancys
10 wks 0 d
7 wks 3 d
AshliMal

Postby bibliojo » Sep 28, 2009 6:25 pm

Ashli, I'm so sorry I didn't post this link sooner. This is the midwifery practice a few of my friends have used. They have all said good things about it. I suggest that you make an appointment with them and see if they can help you or at least refer you onto someone that can treat your HG properly. http://www.ridgemeadowsmidwiferypractice.com/
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby bethlm » Nov 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Ashli,

It looks like we are going through the same problem... I could have written your post myself.

I had hg throughout my entire last pregnancy (my daughter is now 14 months) and I would really like to have my support in place before I become pregnant again as once I am pregnant I am too sick and weak to do anything. And my doctors last time were less than useless, so I would love to find someone who actually knows what they are talking about. I was in Langley for my previous pregnancy and I am now in New West.

Have you had any luck finding someone yet? Let me know if you do!

Bethany
bethlm

Previous

Return to Canadian Mothers