Help for anyone in Ireland available

Welcome to a special place for mothers who live in Eirp[e to discuss HG and pregnancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Help for anyone in Ireland available

Postby stephensmam » May 29, 2010 4:44 am

Hi I just wanted to let anyone know if they are from Ireland I am available , Im afraid I have been quite absent for the last few years but if anyone needs any help or advice about meds or proceedures in Ireland Im happy to help :)
lots of love and hugs Jacqueline
HG pg no 1 28/04/98 darling son Stephen ivs only,pnd
HG pg no 2 01/09/04 darling daughter Sarah ivs , zofran, steroids, meclizine, b6.http://lilypie.com/Kids_Birthday_code.p ... y_code.php#
stephensmam
Been There Done That

Postby LB » Aug 03, 2010 2:06 pm

Hey,
I'm from Ireland and am so happy to see your post! I've also been absent from the site for awhile. I had severe HG during my first pregnancy in 2006 and am sad to say I got no help. It almost killed me :(
Last year we decided to go again and I did alot of research and planning before hand. I was in Sweden at the time and as soon as I found out i was pregnant I went to the midwife and they were fantastic. They medicated me straight away and it made a huge difference. I now have a gorgeous 4 month old little boy :) I am in Sweden again, but only until Nov (my husbands work brings us here) and we want to try again. I know its very soon, but I always wanted 3 children and figured i'd like them close together - get the sleep deprivation out of the way!! Anyway, hopefully I get preg before we leave here and I can get the same medication. Failing that, i'm really interested to know how you were medicated and treated by your doctors??
Looking forward to hearing from you!

LB

Postby carrie31 » Sep 22, 2010 8:41 am

hi girls

Good to hear from some Irish people. I've had HG 3 times (2 lovely little boys and one miscarriage) unfortunately. the third time I planned a pregnancy I did some major research and thanks to this site the pregnancy was a totally different experience. Still nauseous until about 20 weeks but no admissions to hospital. I think the difference was taking the meds preemptively. Anyway to cut a long story short I wanted to share the info I had gathered with others in the same boat. So i've set up the Hyperemesis Support Group of Ireland http://www.facebook.com/notes.php?id=29 ... 918?v=wall

So far I'm getting about 100 views a week. the only disadvantage is that people can't be anonymous. I think I'll ask the moderator here if we can have an Irish sticky.

Anyway just wanted to let you know what is happening.

Caroline
carrie31

Return to European Mothers