I finally feel normal again

Welcome to a special place for mothers who live in the UK to discuss HG and pregnancy. Each part of the world has unique health care systems and challenges. We hope this helps you connect with others who can be the best support for you! Don't forget - we always welcome your participation in our online research and your help as a volunteer or by submitting a HG-friendly doctor/consultant.

Moderators: Natalie, Moderators

I finally feel normal again

Postby c600 » Nov 12, 2016 8:08 pm

After feeling like death, and not being able to cope and ending up in hospital once, I am finally responding to my medication and some supplements I have been taking. I take metaclopromide (reglan) 3 times daily, 550mg of ginger twice daily, 50mg of b6 in the morning and 26mg in the evening. I take the evening dose of b6 in a health food syrup that contains digestive enzymes and lots of other good things, but before this I was taking just b6 in a b vitamin complex and it was working too. I am actually feeling great, with a just a bit of mild nausea every now and then, and half the time I don't even feel pregnant any more. I tried stopping the reglan to see if the b6 and ginger would work on it's own, only to throw up and feel awful as soon as I missed a dose. I would just like to share this information, as I see that b6 is often not suggested so much in the UK and ginger supplements are often not as discussed as foods containing ginger. I got the idea off of the internet, my doctor didn't suggest it. Last week I felt very ill, but since I have been taking my medication 3x a day instead of twice, along with these other things I finally am able to live normally again.
c600

Re: I finally feel normal again

Postby mb25 » Apr 07, 2017 6:38 pm

Hi,

Glad you've managed to find something that works for you. How are you doing now?
Would you be able to tell me the name of the B6 health syrup you are taking in the evening please?

My last pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 8 weeks and the hyperemesis hit me hard. I have just found out I'm pregnant again and am desperate to try what I can to prevent so many trips to hospital for IV fluids.

Thanks!!
mb25

Return to UK Mothers