Concerned about the amount of medication I'm taking

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Concerned about the amount of medication I'm taking

Postby cadelfino » May 18, 2016 12:43 pm

I'm almost 12 weeks. I've been vomiting between 12-15 times a day since week 4. Last week I was hospitalized for dehydration and malnourishment. The doctors spent several days trying to figure out which medications would keep me from throwing up that I could get a chance to eat or drink. Although I had previously tried everything, they ended up prescribing me a strict regiment of Zofran and Reglan, alternating every few hours. I take medication ten times a day and am concerned that the amount of medication I'm on will hurt the baby. I have only been on this medication for about 6 days now but it makes me feel strange. I am not vomiting and if I skip a pill I go right back to throwing up. Can anyone give me a sense of whether or not this amount of medication is alright for baby? I'll leave a med list below:

Zofran (8MG) - 12AM, 2AM, 5AM, 10AM, 2PM, 7PM
Reglan (10MG) - 7AM, 12PM, 5PM, 10PM
cadelfino

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies