Welcome to the world of Alternative Healing!

A place to discuss all things treatment-related. Medications, IVs, midlines, PICC lines, NG tubes, sub-q pumps, home health care, etc. Also includes alternative and homeopathic remedies including NAET, vitamins, liver detoxing, and more for active HG and TTC preparation.

Moderators: JennyK, mammaclare, nomore

Welcome to the world of Alternative Healing!

Postby nomore » Sep 15, 2005 12:44 pm

Hi everyone!

I have been extremly slow on the uptake of my moderating this folder (I was asked to moderate this when I was in my 1st trimester of my 3rd HG pregnancy!). So, my apologies in the delay of introduction.

My name is Robin. I have 2 DDs. My 1st 2 rounds with HG were VERY severe. The last time, it was much more moderate (although I can't say I enjoyed being pregnant!). Although, I would still classify the pregnancy in the severe category as I was on IVs daily, with a full dose zofran pump, and multiple other meds till the end. Delvierey happened early at 34 weeks due to develeoping severe pre-eclampisa.

I attribute MUCH of the success of my last pregnancy to the extensive amount of non-tradtional approaches in preparing for this pregnancy. They included: Liver/body Detoxification, NAET allergy eliminination treatments and accupunture. (In addtion, I found a great DR, came up with a personal protocol, and made sure we planned for help caring for my DD). I TRULY feel this pregnancy is easier as a result of my non-traditional approaches.

I am by no means an expert on alternative healing. I would not advocate relying on them alone for treatment of HG. However, I DO feel they compliment treatment and prepartion of HG. Just like tradtional meds, not all alternative treatments will work for everyone. This folder is a great place to post all of your thoughts and suggestions on alternative treatment.

So, welcome to the Alternative Healing folder. :)

Robin
nomore
Forum Moderator

wonderful

Postby ellebelle » Oct 21, 2009 2:16 am

thats great :) glad u got out of it a LITTLE less severly.

so can u tell me more about the detox u did.
and the accupuncture. when you did it etc....
Belle

Angel baby Jaidyn 20/09/2008 due to HG :( lost at 13 weeks VERY severe.

Angel baby summer lost at 7 weeks. Got severe at time of miscarriage, was mild/moderate until 6 and half weeks. 05/08/2009 rip angels.

"i will not be beaten!!"
ellebelle
Been There Done That

Acupuncture

Postby LucindaE » Jan 28, 2010 5:15 am

Hi, I am LucindaE.

Ellebelle, I am so sorry for your losses. I think that you will win through.

I'm interested in this discussion, because of my own experience.

I was in desperate straits as when I had Hyperemesis some years ago, the doctor didn't take it seriously, test urine etc. In the UK in those days I think unfortunately that happened a lot.

I finally tottered to an acupuncturist and entered looking half dead with some vomit decorating my top having done a virtuoso performance in the street on the way :oops: (sorry if tmi but I'm sure all ex Hyperemesis Mum's have been there).

After that session, I could keep water down, and by the second, solids! :D

After that, the symptoms receeded and were gone by week 14, leaving only chronic heartburn behind - and that you can live with.

The practitioner I saw said that there is a very high failure rate - I think he said about fifty per cent - but I would have tried anything at that time.

LucindaE

XXX
LucindaE is a mother, writes, lives in Mid Wales, UK, and is determined to help raise awareness of Hyperemesis and the misery it causes
LucindaE

Great experience with acupuncture!

Postby Teekay » Dec 28, 2010 10:12 pm

I had a relapse after have been doing much better postpartum to HG. My baby was 9 months old and I had A very early misscarrige(too early for the test to show!) But my body being super sensitive sprang right back into HG mode! Nasea, vomiting...the works! I went to an acupuncturist and it really helped get me back into balance. It's still far from perfect 2 moths later-but much better.
Teekay

Postby saratxu » Jan 24, 2011 10:20 am

hy mums!

I have had 3 pregnancies, all of them with HG. Although I tried several medicines, I must say that the best treatment for me has been the acupunture, nor only for results, but also for the non side effects, either for me or gor the baby.

big hugh for all :-)
saratxu

Re: Welcome to the world of Alternative Healing!

Postby sunflower321 » May 04, 2014 4:33 pm

Unfortunately it didn't work for me. I tried acupuncture and it didn't help in the slightest. In fact within a few days of my first and only acupuncture session I was completely bed bound except to vomit.
sunflower321

Postby jimmymaxewell » Jan 07, 2015 6:50 am

Very sad, didn't work for me too.
jimmymaxewell

Postby adamaddy » Oct 28, 2015 1:29 am

hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I am interested to join in your discussion.. shall I?
adamaddy

Return to Medications, Treatments & Alternative Therapies