Not ready to be done, but HG may ruin my chances...

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

Not ready to be done, but HG may ruin my chances...

Postby MamaJessie » Jan 26, 2015 3:09 pm

Hey ladies, I have 2 beautiful little girls, 1 moderate HG and 1 Severe. My husband and I have been talking, I'm about to be 29 and told my husband that we've got 12 months to decide bc I don't want to be pregnant after 30. I graduate with my bachelors in May and would like to start trying, BUT the thought of another HG pregnancy has both my DH and I terrified. I've tried to put it out of my mind for the last few months bc IF we decide to have another it won't be until after I'm done with school. BUT on facebook (this is so silly) a few gf's have posted that they are pregnant, each time I see it I'm so over the moon for them, but it makes me so want another pregnancy. I want the type of pregnancy they all have. A little sick in the beginning, but by 13 weeks they are feeling good, getting a cute belly and having parties and showers. I spent my time in and out of ER's, feeling like I was dying and living on the bathroom floors. We tried to have maternity pics taken with my last baby, but ended up in the ER the day we were supposed to have them done. I guess I'm just on here to vent. But maybe that's wrong too. I'm blessed to have 2 beautiful girls, and adoption may be the way we grow our family. I know you ladies understand the pain of HG and how it affects Mom, Dad and kids... here's to some answered prayers! :-)
Payton- 03/2011 Moderate HG 5 weeks-birth
Palmer 9/2013 Moderate HG (Worse) -birth
"I can do all things through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:3
MamaJessie
Welcomed Friend

Re: Not ready to be done, but HG may ruin my chances...

Postby DivineLotus » Jan 27, 2015 4:23 pm

Completely understandable. I too see the posts and go into fluffy forums. Then HG (because let's face it, its Russian rulet and it will never give us a happy pregnancy) hits hard then the torture starts, the guilt, the regret.. I for one am done after this baby. I miss my dd I miss my life. I now realized in my personal life that yes babies are worth it but to me, its not anymore. Having a baby and going threw hell is not worth it anymore. I'm done. HG will never go away and will never give us a normal pregnancy. I'm done hopeing. I'm sorry for being so depressed, I'm pregnant.
Second HG baby. 8/6/15
Treated with zofran, diclegis, compro, colace, jigsaw magnesium. HG 7 weeks - 17 weeks. Continued meds.

First HG baby. 4/11/11
HG 4-20weeks, little treatment, severe. Zofran, reglan, B6, placenta pervia, lost 12lbs, depression, ptsd.
DivineLotus
Opinionated HGer

Return to No more for me!?