Just a little pang of sadness.

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

Just a little pang of sadness.

Postby jarezuny » Dec 07, 2010 10:20 pm

I gave away some of our bigger baby items over the weekend - one of those activity center things and some other toys and clothes. It's all going to a family who will get good use out of the items and I am happy about that. But packing away some of those clothes and seeing that empty spot where the activity center used to be has made me a little sad. It's just so visually FINAL.

We haven't done anything permanent, so another baby COULD be a possibility. DH isn't keen on it, though, and I honestly don't think I could handle HG again. I don't feel like I'm strong enough (mentally, mostly).

So, instead of getting hung up on how the baby is now gone, I suppose I should remind myself to enjoy every minute of the terrors of toddlerhood before that's gone, too!
-Jessica

Mom to Ewan (9/27/02) and Laren (9/03/09)
jarezuny
HG Expert

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Dec 08, 2010 12:50 am

O yes, did that too recently, and I´m in the same place. I cannot do another baby, for many reasons, but I too get those pangs. Hugs. gotta go run after my terror :lol:
Sarah
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Postby Schatje » Dec 08, 2010 2:44 am

I sold my maternity clothes a few weeks ago and the changing table. Boy did it ever hurt. I don't think another would be the best idea at this point, but I really wish it didn't have to be this way. I wish this was easier.
~Heidi 2X HG survivor
Schatje
Forum Moderator

Postby KarenJ » Dec 08, 2010 9:40 am

I did the same thing recently, no longer have the bouncy chair, baby swing, baby bath, first born clothes.....it was hard giving the stuff up. Along with the stuff went my dream of having a big family. Lucikly I am blessed have 3 wonderful boys and I was able to endure HG all three times succesfully, but I will never have a daughter of my own. I really wanted to have more coming from a really big family myself. My heart longs for the daughter I will never have. :(

Karen J.
ImageImage
KarenJ
Opinionated HGer

Postby E-Mom » Dec 08, 2010 11:36 am

I'm 38 weeks with #3. I'm getting my tubes tied after delivery and I made my husband a vasectomy appointment for his Christmas gift (December 28th).

I feel so comfortable with not having anymore kids because I'm 38, I will have 3 kids shortly and my marriage is in shambles...but I'm curious if I'm going to feel just like you all do when the baby things start to disappear.
Stephanie
Elliott, Kate, and Cole Image Image
E-Mom
HG Diva

Return to No more for me!?